Saturday, January 29, 2011

Logan William Opp

He's here!!! Sorry this has taken so long, but here are the pics of Logan in the hospital. He was born at 5:53pm on January 16th. He was 9lbs 9oz and 21 inches long.
We went into the hospital at 6am that morning.
Here is Jim driving us to the hospital. I was stupidly under the impression that this would be a fast process... ha ha. My doctor thought I would go fast and convinced me to get an epidural earlier than I would have chosen. But in his defense, he didn't want me to wait until I was writhing in pain to ask for it and then have to wait another hour before it actually happened, so I was grateful for that.
Here we are in the hospital, just waiting. Honestly it got a little boring and I felt bad for Mom and Dad Hodges and Jim who were forced to just sit there and wait.

Unfortuately, the epidural seemed to slow things down, along with causing my blood pressure to keep dropping. So the nurses kept having to check my blood pressure, and up my pitocin and eventually ended up turning down my epidural to speed things along. Finally I was dilated enough and they gave me another dose of epidural, but then Logan's heart rate was dropping so the doctor started freaking out and got out the forceps to help him along.
So almost 12 hours after getting to the hopital Logan was finally born!
He was fine once he was out.
He had a healthy set of lungs which he willingly showed off and then peed all over the nurses just to show how anoyed he was. ha ha
Here he is on the scale.
Mom and baby!
Daddy and baby!
Grammie Hodges
Grandpa Hodges
It was too late for the kids to visit that night but Elaine brought them the next day. Of course they all LOVED Logan. Elaine has been so wonderful and she kept the kids while we were at the hospital, and she has been helping since we've been home too. Thanks Elaine!! We love you!
And here we are all set to go home.

3 comments:

Nichole Lowe said...

Congratulations! We are so excited he is finally here. He looks adorable. Can't wait to see more pics of him. Glad everything went well. We also loved your family photos. Zoie is so cute.

Jenn said...

Holy big baby!! Wow. Congratulations! And Logan's a cute name. Can't wait to see more pictures of the little guy!

jen said...

We can't wait to meet him in person...which looks like is going to be until Christmas :(. We hope you are doing well. The kids are all so cute.