Thursday, January 6, 2011

Stripey fun!

Ever since I found out we were expecting a new addition to our family I have been trying to figure out how to decorate Zoie's room to make it appropriate for her and a baby. The boys already share a room so there is nowhere else for the baby to go but in Zoie's room, at least for now. So the problem was not only how to make her room baby friendly but also how to translate her extremely girly decor into something more gender neutral.

A friend showed me a picture online of a striped baby room and I loved it, so I chose the colors and finally had it figured out. Luckily my awesome friend Jennifer came up to help me because it was much more work than I thought. Just measuring and taping the lines took FOREVER! The painting part was not as bad. But I LOVE the finished look so it was worth it.

Here is Jennifer taping
The room with everything shoved into the middle. What a mess!
The painting process
And the finished look. Here is Zoie's side.
And this is the baby's side.
I obviously have a lot more work to do. I still haven't figured out exactly what I am putting on the walls on both sides, and I want to get Zoie a new comforter that goes a little better with the colors on the baby's side, but I think it turned out cute.

1 comment:

Liv said...

I've always wanted stripes somewhere but Kev would NOT go for it, since he'd be doing all the measuring and taping work.

Your room looks awesome, and you should be getting a little present from us this month in the mail to add to the decor!