Thursday, October 14, 2010

Utah, part 3 - The wedding

I think most of you know but in case you didn't, the main reason we flew out to Utah with the whole fam was for a wedding. But not just any wedding, my Mom's wedding. Yes, my Mom got remarried, and it was so great that we were able to be there for it.

Here is a picture from my Mom's bachelorette breakfast. It was not really a bachelorette party but we wanted to do something to celebrate with just the girls before the wedding. Unfortunately since it was very last minute, not everyone could be there, but it was still fun. I didn't get a picture until after someone had already left, I tell you something was wrong with my brain on this trip. In this picture is (clockwise from top) Alexis, Mindy (Mark's wife), Julie, Francia (mom's sister), and Mom.

Here is my Mom with John right before the wedding. They are standing by the cake that my sister-in-law Julie and I stayed up all night making. Seriously, who knew how hard it is to make a wedding cake. Many props go out to my Mom for all the many wedding cakes she has made so beautifully throughout the years. Ours could have used some serious help, but I thought it wasn't too bad for us never having made a wedding cake before.

This is the shelter where the reception took place. There was a booming spanish party going on in the shelter next to ours, which made for some fun background noise.

Here is the gazebo where the ceremony was, behind it you can see the other two shelters.


This is the table decorations we did. We kept it very simple. We also added the curtains to the shelter and the gazebo which I think dressed it up a bit.

Here is the ceremony taking place. My oldest brother Todd was a witness, along with one of John's sons. They were married by John's bishop who is also his son.

Kevin and Livia and their adorable new baby, Aspen.

Zoie and her cousin, Addison (Darin's daughter)

Aidan, Nolan and Gabe (Darin's son)Darin's baby, HaleyThe newlyweds. So cute. It was such a pretty place and I love the mountains in the background.

Here is my whole family with my Mom and John.

And this is my mom's kids and john kids all together. It's a little weird that I have a step dad and step brothers and a sister now. Too bad we all live so far apart and won't really ever see each other.

It was a beautiful wedding and we are so happy for my Mom and her new husband John. We wish them the very best in their new life together and can't wait to see them (and everyone else) again!

3 comments:

Liv said...

the kids look so cute!

you and julie did an awesome job making the wedding/reception look beautiful. it was simple and just right for the venue.

Nichole Lowe said...

Congratulations to your Mom! That is so neat. We hope that Ryan's mom will one day find that joy again. Looks like you had a great time in Utah.

Jenn said...

I'm so happy for your mom. Congratulations to her and her new husband!

You're probably always really busy with family when you come to Utah, but on one of your trips out here we need to get together! :)