Monday, October 25, 2010

Fun Halloween crafts

I decided to get crafty this year and make some of our Halloween decor, and save some major bucks while I was at it. After seeing some super cute Halloween stuff at Pottery Barn Kids (which I definitely could not afford) I decided to try to make my own, and suprisingly they turned out pretty well.

Here is the picture from the pottery barn catalog (I really liked the advent calendar on the wall, and the trick-or-treat bunting, so that is what I copied)

And here are my versions
Advent calendar
a close up
And my bunting

I couldn't hang them together since I have a TV on top of that buffet. Over all I was super pleased with how they turned out, obviously not the same as the originals but for the price, totally worth it. I saved $47 on the advent, and I think just over $20 on the bunting. Oh yeah!

3 comments:

Liv said...

Both look awesome!

Linda's giving Kev her sewing machine and I'm betting he'll break out the needle and thread way before I do. But maybe someday I'll use it.

Nichole Lowe said...

Wow that is awesome. How about I have you make me some. They turned out really cute.

U+Me=Us said...

You did an amazing job, i love the bunting!! Where do you find the time to do this with three kids and counting?!