Monday, October 11, 2010

Utah, part 2- Salt Lake and more...

Sooooo many pictures. It takes forever to upload them all... But here is the second group of pics from our trip. We drove down to meet Jim's cousin Emily and her family for breakfast one morning (once again didn't get any pictures... what is wrong with me?). On the way back to Ogden we decided to stop in Salt Lake and go see temple square because the kids had never been, and Nolan wanted to see the temple that took 40 years to build.
So here are the kids at the visitors center. This was always my favorite statue when I was a kid, maybe because you have to go up (or run up) a long curved ramp to get to it. he he
Here is Zoie throwing a fit on the floor because she does not want to go all the way back up the ramp to take a picture with the boys.
Aidan, Zoie and Nolan in front of the cool temple doors

This picture turned out neat

You can't tell, but this picture is me and the kids in front of the temple. Jim is standing across the fountain so that he could get the whole temple in the pic.

Later that night we went to my brother Kevin's house so that we could meet his new baby. My kids were excited that they have ANOTHER cousin! It's amazing to them, all these cousins.
Kevin and his wife Livia have the cutest dog, but I was kind of worried how my kids would react. They are not used to dogs and Aidan will often run screaming if one comes near him. But they all did really well. Nolan and Zoie played with Maddie (the dog) and Aidan even touched her once. It was a miracle.
It just so happened that my Dad was in Utah at the same time as we were for a family reunion, so we even got to see him. It worked out so well. My Dad and I spent a few hours shopping and then went over to my aunt and uncle's house so the kids could see him and also swim in the pool.
Here is my aunt Joyce, my uncle Norman, and my Dad.
Nolan jumping off the diving board
Aidan jumping off the diving board
Super fun! We had a great time visiting with everyone, and a special thanks to my aunt and uncle for feeding us and letting the kids play in the pool. It was great!
Only one more round of Utah pics, I promise... up next, the wedding.

1 comment:

Liv said...

I love reliving your visit through these posts :)