Monday, April 12, 2010

Visit from Dad!

My Dad came to visit us right after we moved. It was so great! He helped me unpack a lot of stuff and also fixed up our whole front yard, even though it was very cold outside (for Florida). It was so great to see him again and the kids always love seeing Grandpa Taylor, especially Zoie. She followed him around and thought he was just the best thing ever, she was so sad when he left.
Here is my Dad planting the plants along the sidewalk. Zoie, being a big helper as usual.And here is my Dad putting in a stepping stone walkway. It was all dirt before, and we filled it in with mulch and then layed the pavers.It wasn't much of a vacation for him but we did manage to make it to the beach for a few hours. It was still pretty cold, but we enjoyed walking along the shore and looking for shells.



My Dad with his bag of shells.

The kids playing in the freezing sand. Why is it kids never seem to mind the cold?

Here is my Dad at sunset. I thought this picture turned out neat.
Thanks for coming Dad and for all your help! Come back soon!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

How great to have your dad come visit. It's always the best when they come and are able to help out! Seems like my parents are always put to work as soon as they walk in the door...

You got some great pics!

Liv said...

Kev keeps asking me if I want to visit FL and every time I'm like "YES!!" I'll even do yard work.