Thursday, May 20, 2010

Jim's 5K

Last year Jim and I ran in the 5K Edison race in Fort Myers, and (he will kill me for writing this) Jim was beat by my friend Kari Ann who was pregnant at the time. Granted she is a runner, and runs every day but ever since then he would not let up about how he was going to beat her the next time. So this year Jim trained (sort of) a few weeks before the big race so that he could improve his time and hopefully beat Kari Ann. Unfortunately she did not enter the race this year but Jim still ran it anyway just so he could try to beat her time from last year.

Here he is before the race
Run Jim, run!

Coming toward the finish line.

Proudly, Jim shaved three minutes off his time from last year and he did beat Kari Ann's time, so he was very happy. I was a bum and didn't enter this time, but I have started running again so I'll be ready for next year.

No comments: