Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Cruisin

For a belated 10 year anniversary celebration, Jim and I went on a 3 day cruise to the Bahamas. I have been wanting to go on a cruise forever, so I checked online and found a last minute deal. So we asked Jim's parents to watch the kids and a week later we were on the boat. It was great, and we had such a good time.
The first night was a little iffy because the boat was rocking a lot and I thought I was going to lose it. Jim just laughed at me because he was smart enough to wear a patch. I have never gotten seasick before, but luckily after the first night I was fine.
And there was so much yummy food. It was everywhere, 24-7.
I am pretty sure I packed on a good 5 lbs, but it was soooo worth it.
Must......eat......more......
I think I probably would have still eaten it all even if I was sick, it was that good.
Here is Jim in front of our big boat.
We decided to go on a shore excursion to go snorkeling. The water was so pretty and it was crystal clear, but it was FREEZING! Next time I don't think we'll do the snorkeling unless it's August.This is a reggae band that was playing in one of the buildings we walked through in Nassau. Here I am enjoying some sushi. I was so mad because the sushi bar closed early one of the days so we only got to eat there once, but oh well. Jim was happy.Here is Jim with his sushi, he is not a big fan.
Here is Jim going down one the of smaller water slides on the boat.
(He's the one on the right, ha ha)

This is the big water slide on the boat. It was fun but it was up so high that it was really windy when you got up there, and kind of cold. We had to go down it twice just so that we could say we did it.
Playing mini golf on the boat.


Nassau


There is nothing better than chips with salsa and guacamole at midnight.
We were a little tired but of course we couldn't miss any of the food.
Here we are all dressed up after our nice lobster dinner. Yum!
Here is Jim in our tiny room. I am standing at the door while taking this picture, and that window? Yeah it's fake, if you move the curtain it's just a wall. But we still loved it, it was very cozy.

Well that's a summary of our cruise. I highly recommend taking one to anyone who is thinking about it. And hey, let us know if you go on one, we may join you!

1 comment:

Nichole Lowe said...

So jealous! Ryan and I went on one a couple of years ago and loved it. We should go together on one. It would be so much fun.