Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Flying Taylor's




While in Utah I went with my Dad and three of my brothers to the Salomon Center in downtown Ogden. There is a ton of stuff to do there. We decided to check out the indoor skydiving area and once we saw it we all decided to try it together. It was awesome! They give you about 15 min of instuctions, some jumpsuits to wear, then bring you into the vertical air tunnel. The instructor was in there with us and our jumpsuits had little handles that he could hold onto so we didn't flop all over the place. The air tunnel was basically a huge fan that is under you and blows you upward. You have to just ignore the fact that once you get out you need a tissue because you have slobbered all over yourself from the air blowing your mouth open. I learned better the second time around and tried to keep it closed.
The instuctor showed us some tricks before and after, which I'm sure would be fun but I can't even imagine how many times he must have done it before he was able to control where he was flying inside the tunnel. It was very cool to see. It was not something I had planned on doing while there but I am glad that we all did it together. I would do it again in a heartbeat. Next time I go back I want to try the indoor surfing...although the only time I have ever tried surfing in the ocean I could not even get out past where the water breaks. It has to be easier indoors right? It's easier (and less scary) to skydive indoors...hmmm
By the way, I don't know what's up with this music. Slide.com automatically put a song into my slide show. I was going to try to take it out but I decided I kind of like it. It's just annoying that it doesn't play the whole song.

No comments: