Sunday, June 22, 2008

Party Time!


This is the third and final installment of the birthday celebration. We had some friends come over to celebrate and had a great time.

It is great to have friends with stuff. My friend Jennifer is the proud owner of the great waterslide, so we were able to borrow it. Along with our redneck pool, there was plenty to entertain the kids. We didn't fill the pool up all the way which made it easier for the little ones to play too. The adults were all able to talk and just hang. It was a very casual party but I think sometime those are the best.

We had a ice cream theme, so the morning of the party I went searching for ice cream stuff. (Nothing like waiting till the last minute right.) I ended up finding the cutest ice cream cone pinata. Unfortunately when I got it home and we started filling it with candy it had already fallen apart. I would have returned it but alas, because of my last minute shopping there wasn't time. So we taped it together and it held up for about two hits. Oh well.

I was going to try to make an ice cream cone shaped cake but thankfully my mother-in-law, Elaine, went to Costco and got a balloon cake. We transformed the balloons into ice cream cones and ta da, a beautiful ice cream cone cake. Costco is the best (along with Elaine for having a membership there and always being willing to go for me, Thanks Elaine!)

No comments: