Monday, September 15, 2008

Cruisin' for dolphins

My mom and I wanted to try something new so we went on a dolphin cruise while she was here. It was fun, although the dolphins were not really cooperating. This is the best pic I got of a dolphin. I should be a professional photographer...


In case you can't tell, the tiny black spot in the water is a dolphin.
At least we had a table to sit at. It was actually pretty relaxing until the cruise director kept yelling at us over the intercom system. I guess as a group we were not enticing the dolphins well enough (the dolphins supposedly respond to a lot of noise), so then people were frantically running all around the boat whistling and shouting for the dolphins.
We paid good money to (I thought) sit back, relax and enjoy the playful dolphins as they jump and entertain us... turns out we were the ones who were supposed to put on the show for the dolphins. Who knew? I think it may have all been a ploy so the crew could laugh at the crazy tourists who'll do whatever you tell them to.
Still looking for dolphins....
My Mom and I did not get quite as crazy as the rest of the tourists on the boat.
It may be our fault the dolphins weren't cooperating.

The home I have chosen for my future life. Ha! Matching hats, aren't we cute?
The cruise ship...nice!

No comments: