Saturday, August 30, 2008

Happy Birthday Jim!

Jim's birthday turned out to be an interesting day. Let me give you the back ground story first...

The night before Jim's b-day we went out to dinner with some friends. We were running early for once, so Jim decides he wants to go shoe shopping on the way. Now I said we were early, but we were not early enough for shopping. (You must know that when I say there is not time to shop that clearly MUST mean there isn't because most people who know me know that shopping is a passion I possess). Therefore, I proceed to give my two cents about this fact, I am however ignored and as I am not driving there is not much I can do. We go on to Miromar Outlets and Jim begins frantically searching every shoe store there for his perfect pair while I sit in the car and pout. Yes, very adult of me I know. So when he FINALLY comes back to the car, shoe bag in hand I rightfully assume that he has now found a wonderful birthday shoe that will have been worth being late over......

Jim opening a b-day gift.
gift card from my mom
Jim and Nolan
And here they are!! The most wonderful shoes ever, that made us late to dinner, that we drove 10 miles out of the way to get, that are the ugliest, most plain, old man shoes, in a wide size I may add (Jim does not have wide feet).

So it turns out that Jim hates them too and he only bought them because he was in a hurry and they were (he thought) the right size and he wanted to feel like we didn't go shopping for nothing.

So what did we spend the rest of Jim's birthday doing????

Yes, that's right, we drove all the way back to Miromar to return the most hideous shoes ever, so that Jim could find a pair he actually liked. Worth it? Yes I think so...


On a side note: to add to the fun of the day Aidan decides he needs a haircut, and who needs a barber when there are scissors right there? Not Aidan.
This is especially sad because he has done this before and his hair had all finally grown back from that time. You can see the before pic above where he is holding the shoes.

Unfortunately we had to buzz him. Very sad because he is just not as cute with a buzz cut.
Here you can see the chunk missing that he cut. It had to be right in the front.

Out come the clippers.As you can see he was not happy with the consequence of his quick cut. But then nobody was.

By the way here are the actual birthday shoes that Jim found on our trip back to the outlets. Much better, Yes?

2 comments:

jen said...

What a hilarious post! I too would have pouted in the car in a situation like that. I love Aidan's face while getting his hair buzzed. Hilarious!

Ryangatorryan said...

Jimbo's shopping skills have not changed! Nichole has pouted like that too (almost daily)!! Late, Ry in AZ