Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Trunk or Treats!

This Halloween weekend was a little crazy. We had our ward Halloween party/ trunk or treat on Friday night (which Jim and I spent all day decorating for on Friday), then on Saturday we drove down to Fort Myers for Jim's dad's birthday and attended our old ward's trunk or treat that night. Then of course Sunday was Halloween and birthday festivities. Needless to say, I think we were all a little worn out by Monday.


Here is Aidan at the Clearwater party. He decided he wanted to be Frankenstein this year, which was fine by me because his costume was super cheap, only $2! I made the hair and shoe covers out of felt I already had, and then he wore an old shirt and church pants with one of my black blazers. The only things I bought for him were the face paint and some green stretchy gloves. And get this, he won a prize for his costume! Go figure.


Here is Nolan in his costume. He wanted to be an astronaut and once I looked online and saw the crazy prices for astronaut costumes, I decided to make his. It was not as great as I would have liked but for the money saved, it was worth it.

And Zoie wanted to be a butterfly. I think hers turned out super cute, but it was the most expensive of the three. I bought the wings and then made the skirt to match it.

Here we all are at Bill and Elaine's getting ready to go to the next party, at our old ward.
Jim and I were soccer players and the baby bump was the soccer ball. he he
We were originally going to do basketball, but then I realized we could save money by reusing Jim's costume from last year and just getting one for me that matched.


The back of our shirts
My friend Emily and her kids.
Me with Rebecca, Erika, and Lacey

Ruth and I

Jim and his buddies, Jason and Devin
Our friends, Jen, Troy, Jennifer and Burton
Zoie and Reagan

Jennifer and I
We had so much fun at both parties, and we really enjoyed being able to see everyone from our old ward again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what cute costumes,your so creative and fun! It was a real "TREAT" to see you. i miss the girl time we had- you, me, Jocelyn and Zoie.

Liv said...

your soccer costumes are awesome! the soccer ball belly is a really nice touch.