Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Girls Weekend!

My wonderful husband decided that for Mother's Day this year he would take the kids away to a friend's house for the night and leave me alone to invite some friends over. So, after much cheering I called some friends from Fort Myers and even one from Tampa and we had an awesome girls weekend. I was so glad that all my friends were willing to make the drive to join me! We had a great time!
The first thing we did was get pedicures. Jennifer, Emily, Jen B, me, and MikelinThen we decided to drive to Clearwater beach to have dinner at a restaurant on the beach. There was a live band and the food was pretty good. After dinner we went for a walk on the beach. Here is me and Jennifer.
And we couldn't resist playing in the water a little. Jen B., me, and Emily
After playing on the beach we headed back to my house to settle in for the night. Of course with all of us girls together, the actual settling in didn't take place until after hours of talking and laughing. I don't even remember what time we all finally crawled into bed.
Sadly, early the next morning the numbers dwindled. Several people had to get home so they left early (losers, j/k). But Ginny, Jennifer and I were still not ready to give up on our alone time so we went to the beach. Can I just tell you how much different it is going to the beach by yourself? There were no toys, or a cooler full of snacks, or extra clothes and towels, we just took the bare essentials and it was awesome.

After the beach, Jennifer had to get home, but Ginny and I went to the Aveda Institute and she got a facial and I got a massage. Then we went to a movie. We had to stretch this out as long as we could. It was so great!

Thanks to all my awesome friends for coming and to Jim once again for giving me a break for Mother's Day. I hope you all had as much fun as I did.

1 comment:

Nichole Lowe said...

Who needs expensive gifts when you get a present like that. So jealous, it looked like so much fun.