Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Golfing with Mom

While my mom was here we went golfing one afternoon at my work. It's nice to have a job that I hardly ever work at but I still get to golf for free....he he
We had a great time but we only were able to make through about 5 holes because there was a massive rain storm that soaked us. You would think that after living in Florida for 12 years I would know not to go golfing in the afternoon in August..... but no.
Before the rain came....here I am taking a swing Jim, playing in the sand...ha ha
And here comes the rain...for a while we decided to keep playing,
what's a little rain right?
Jim in the rain...
Then we opted to try to wait it out under the small shelter on the course....
but after a few minutes we decided that the rain was not going to let up, AND it might not be the best idea to stand in an open area while swinging a long metal stick in the middle of a storm.So we finally gave up and went home. It was still fun though. It had been a pretty hot day and at least we were nice and cooled off for the car ride home.



2 comments:

Jenn said...

Fun! I've only been actual golfing once. So you work at a golf course?

oppfamily said...

I actually work in the community center at the country club, so I get to golf free but I don't work on the golf course. I am only the fill-in person, so basically they call me when someone is going out of town and needs a shift covered. It's pretty nice.